Total Pageviews

Friday, January 28, 2011

Magicka. Game review


Ive been trying out this new platform rpgish game for the last day. Its very promesing and has a new gameplay style to it. The gameplay is pretty straight forward and u feel like the game is pushing u forward so u dont get "lost". U can choose between several different spells and all of them is build up from the elements. The fun part is to combine different elements and make new ones. U can also play up to 4 ppl together and heal eachother plus ress if thats needed. There is only one class so no tank or healer system. The sweedish new brand Arrowhead did a good job making this all new and inovative new game on the market, and I hope to see more coming from them in the future.

So far I find it interesting but I havent gotten a lot of time to test it out yet.

Price: Its very cheap. U can get it on Steam for 9.99€ So its afordable for most ppl :)

Entertainment: I think its an ok game to play if u have some spare time to kill but I havent been addicted to it or blown away,,, yet. It doesnt make me sit up till late in the night cus I forget time. This is good for RL but kinda not so good if u want a game to get hooked on. I kinda like it when a game blows away 3-4 hrs without me notecing, then I know it makes me drift off into the world and relax. In MY opinion this is not a hobby type of game and rather a fun game to play when u want to chill for an hr or so. If u play it with friends its far more entertaining, and time consuming. :) The humor in the game is awsome even tho the gibberish language can be a bit wierd at times since its incorporating some sweedish words. Its fun tho.

Gameplay: Its an fairly easy game to play. I would recon most ppl will get a hang of it quite fast, even tho mixing the elements takes a bit longer time then just spamming "earth", "fire" etc. U use I think its 8 main spell buttons and then u can, on top of this mix them with eachother. Some elementals dont mix tho so be prepared before poking the big troll.

Systen requirements:
OS: winXP/Vista/7
Hard Drive: 2GB Available space
Memory: 2GB RAM

For this type of game I give it a dice number of 5 out of 6 cus of the new and innovative type of gameplay and the price.

Pluss I really like the underdogs that havent been utterly boosted yet as a company. Yay go sweeds ;)

If ure curious about the game watch a little video here:








No comments:

Post a Comment